6.11.2011

The Day Before || Lisa Schroeder

Book: The Day Before
Author: Lisa Schroeder 
Pages: 320
Source: Simon & Schuster 
Publication Date: June 28th, 2011
Rating: 5/5 


Beautiful. Absolutely beautiful. I've read Lisa Schroeder's previous work: I heart you, You haunt me, and I was captivated. The Day Before is even more stunning! Schroeder's unique writing style is like poetry for the teenage soul. 

A girl torn between two families. A boy enamored with the sea. It's the day before their lives change forever. 

I honestly can't find the words to describe the beauty Schroeder depicts in her writing. It was raw, emotional, and sincere. It's not a complicated story and it's not a complex romance. It's just the plain and simple story of two people scared of change. With the comfort of each other's understanding, they are able to conquer obstacles presented in life. 

There's something about reading a story like this at 2 in the morning. I was tucked in bed while everyone else in the house was asleep. A dim light was on, and there wasn't a single distraction. I was able to absorb every line of introspective reflection, and savored the creative moments. Sometimes, all you need is a little glitter.

I loved it!

5 comments:

  1. I haven't read this yet, but it's on my reader, the way you describe it makes it sound like one I'll definitely enjoy. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It reminds me of Lauren Oliver's Before I die. It is both heart warming and beautiful. I would recommend iti becuase it shows how one change can change your whole life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AHHHHH!!!! Delirium is on it!!!!! I'm so happy, i'm jumping around teh computer!! :D
    As you can tell, I would love to win Delirium

    mockingbird146 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. BIG opps! entered in the wrong post....
    My reveiw:

    I haven't read it yet, but my best friend, who recommended me the book and let me borrow her's told me that it was very moving, so much so that she finished in one day and admitted to a few tears (but she wont tell me at what part....).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been seeing this book reviewed on various blogs and it sounds so interesting! It sounds beautiful and poetic. I wonder what big event happens to have a day before :)

    ReplyDelete